Effective Date: July 1, 2016
Our online privacy policies and procedures regarding online privacy have been developed using the following guiding principles:
- No-Spam: We avoid sending unwanted communications by limiting our contact to individuals who have voluntarily provided their contact information, agreed to receive our communications, inquired about our products and services, and/or who have done business with us in the past. We allow email and telephone communication recipients to easily opt-out of future communications.
- Collection for Users: We collect information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on our sites, such as catering search results or communications to match the vehicles or features they are interested in.
- Security: We take reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard information you provide to us.
- Sharing: We carefully share information with our business partners (such as finance companies) for the purpose of providing you with relevant products and services. We avoid selling or otherwise transferring your personal information to third-parties who are not involved in providing you with our products, services and related services.
Website User Agreement
Children Under the Age of 13
Our websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of their features, register on our websites, make any purchases through our websites, use any of the interactive features of our websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screenname or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the information provided in the “Contact Us” section provided at the end of this policy.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Contact information that you provide to us (such as your email address, mailing address, or telephone number) is security stored on our webservers and we use encryption technologies for payment and financial information.
But the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Using an unsecured internet connection (such as public unsecured WiFi) may also result in your information being jeopardized by third parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we endeavor to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our websites.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our websites, including:
- Information that is about your use of our websites and how you access them, such as information about your browser, service provider, internet connection, IP address and search engines used to find our websites.
- Information that you decide to provide to us (such as by filling in forms or applications on our websites), by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other information collected that can be used to identify you, or any other identifying information by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personally Identifiable Information”). Our use of Personally Identifiable Information includes providing you with information you’ve requested about our products or services, and for marketing and promoting such products and services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us, if you contact us (such as emails, live chat features, and telephone records).
- Details of transactions you initiate or carry out through our websites, including financial information (such as credit applications submitted through our websites)
- Information that is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as navigational information on what links you click on our websites, search inquiries, and any other information you produce in interacting with our websites, which may or may not be stored along with Personal Information.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (such as when you submit online forms or applications to us).
- Automatically as you navigate through our websites (as explained in further detail in the next section of this policy).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
We use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: details of your visits to our websites, such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites such as information about your computer and internet connection, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, or receive from third parties. This information is typically used to help us to improve our websites to deliver a better and more personalized service including by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; compile broad statistical data; analyze visitor use of our websites and tailor sites to meet their interests; store website user preference and speed up their searches; and recognize return visitors.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our websites may use local stored objects (or “Flash cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our websites. These may also be disabled or otherwise limited by activating the appropriate settings on your browser.
- Web Beacons. Our websites or email communications may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as “clear gifs,” “pixel tags,” and “single-pixel gifs”) that permit our dealership, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
- Similar Technologies. Our dealership may adopt other similar technologies for similar purposes.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We use information collected about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, or offers regarding our products, services, or financing of our products or services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information.
- To provide you with notices regarding any accounts or payments you have with our dealership.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our websites or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our websites.
- In any other way we describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your affirmative consent.
We may disclose aggregated or statistical information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as finance companies that you authorize to use your Personal Information in order to provide offers of credit).
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you request that we contact a vehicle manufacturer with a specific inquiry, we may transmit the contents of that email and your email address to such recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- If our dealership has a good faith belief that such disclosure is appropriate in order to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- In the event that our dealership sells or otherwise transfers substantially all, or even a particular portion of its business assets (such as selling the business to new owners), consumer information may be transferred as part of the transaction, whether by sale, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other asset transfer, whether as a going concern or as part of any bankruptcy, liquidation, similar proceeding or sale of assets.
- To enforce or apply the terms of any sales or lease contract we have with you, or other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If our dealership has a good faith belief that disclosure is appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our dealership, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not:
- Share customer personal information with other companies for their direct marketing use.
- Sell, rent, or trade consumer information to third parties, other than as described herein.
- Have any responsibility for any third parties who collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites.
- Provide website visitors with the ability to review and correct personal information that has previously been submitted. However, should you wish to update your current email address, mailing address, or any other information, please contact us as the email address or telephone number provided at the bottom of this policy.
From time to time, our dealership uses other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering email services and running special promotions. Such parties will have access to personal information relevant to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or site visitors will not receive unsolicited email messages from agents working on our behalf.
Accessing Our Web Sites from Outside of the United States
Our websites are designed for, and intended to be used exclusively by, United States residents. We are not responsible for their use in any foreign nation or territory. If you are visiting our websites from a location outside of the United States your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our webserver and other internal systems located within the United States.
Our websites may utilize chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or similar forum technologies at various times. Unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas is public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any information in these areas, especially any personal information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Opt-Out Procedures. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the email address listed at the bottom of this policy. Our websites allow users to opt-out of receiving communications at the point where personal information is requested, or through other identified means. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or use the unsubscribe link provided in our email to you. This opt out does not apply to non-advertising information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions (for example, our dealership may need to contact you regarding a vehicle warranty issue). If you have any difficultly in opting-out of any communications from our dealership, please immediately contact us at the phone number and email listed below.
Additionally, some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on this website or on websites where we provide advertisements, content, or other services.
Changes to this Policy / Effective Date
Our Website collects two different types of information through our website: anonymous information and personally identifiable information.
Anonymous Information. We collect and store anonymous, aggregate information (such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, search engines, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) from all visitors to our website. You may search our website for car models, prices and other information provided through our website without ever submitting your name, email address or any other personally identifiable information. The anonymous information that we do collect from your visit is never linked to any of your personally identifiable information until you voluntarily submit that personal information, in which case some otherwise anonymous information may be connected to your website activity and personal account. Otherwise, the anonymous information is only used in the aggregate to analyze trends, administer the website, diagnose any problems, track a visitor’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may provide this anonymous information in aggregate form to other parties or use it for our own insight or marketing purposes. Our ability to use this information is not restricted in any way.
We also use “cookies” and “image tags” to collect certain usage information from all customers and visitors to our website. A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive or on your mobile device’s memory in order to collect information about your activities on our website. An “image tag,” also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, works together with cookies and is a small image file that may be located in various areas of our website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you have the option to change your browser setting to decline them.
Accepting cookies in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you, since cookies are not used to identify anonymous website visitors. Our cookies enable you to proceed smoothly through our website and know whether you’ve used it before, so as to eliminate some steps that apply to new visitors. Cookies also give us usage data like how often you visit, where you go on our website, and what you do while here.
Similarly, a cookie may be placed by our third-party advertising companies. These companies may use aggregated statistics about your use of our website and third party media in order to provide you with advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. The information they collect does not include your personal information.
The third-party advertising companies may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of ads. Any such information is anonymous. They may use this anonymous information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. No personal information about you is collected during this process. The information is anonymous and does not link online actions to an identifiable person.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Personally Identifiable Information. We require the submission of certain personally identifiable information when you use some services available on our website. For example, your use of your user name and password allows us to identify you as our customer who is seeking information in connection with our services. Our website uses a variety of contact forms and tracking phone numbers for visitors to request information, products, and services. We collect a visitor’s contact information (like his or her email address or phone number) and in some cases, demographic information (like his or her zip code). In limited circumstances, such as when a visitor fills out an online credit application, we collect unique identifiers (like a social security number), and/or financial information (like age, income level, bank account or credit card numbers). We use this information to get in touch with our prospective customers about their requests, and to send them additional information about our products and services.
Any financial information we collect is used to check the qualifications of our prospective customers and bill for products and services ordered. If you apply for financing or wish to purchase or lease a car through our online system, we may collect personal information such as your name, address, driver’s license number and state, social security number and other credit information. This information goes into a secure database and is used solely to provide the service you requested. The collection, use and storage of your financial information for credit checks, for arranging credit and loans or for purchasing products and services may be subject to additional privacy policies and if so, you will be notified of them at the time of any such collection, use or storage of your financial information as required by law.
Our online surveys may ask visitors for contact information (like an email address or phone number) which they may voluntarily provide. We also may run contests on our website in which we ask visitors for similar contact information in order to participate. We use contact information from our surveys and contests to send information about products and services to these participating visitors.